College Transition Initiative

Welcome to the blog of the Center for Parent/Youth Understanding’s (CPYU) College Transition Initiative (CTI). This site contains commentary on transitional issues, exploring research, trends and college student culture. For more information visit: www.cpyu.org.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Elizabethtown, PA, United States

The transition from high school to college is a difficult one, and yet, it is a transition that is often overlooked. This site is to help college bound students, parents, and youth workers stay up to date on the latest research and trends in regards to college transition. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Join the conversation!

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Book is Here!

Last week I was at Geneva College for CCO’s annual training event, Spring Institute. I had an opportunity to present a seminar on college transition to about 20 campus ministers. Our goals were to better understand the issues students face when transitioning to college and to develop strategies for working with first year students. It was a good discussion.

Another exciting thing happened last week. I received a few copies of the book I coauthored which will be released on June 6 by Brazos Press. Coauthored with my good friend Don Opitz, the book is entitled The Outrageous Idea of Academic Faithfulness: A Guide for Students. It is an introductory text to help students gain a radical (outrageous!) vision for being faithful to Christ in their college studies and approach education as their vocation. I’m sure I’ll blog more about this in days to come, but I wanted to bring it to your attention now.

George Marsden, author of The Outrageous Idea of Christian Scholarship (now that’s a cool title!), had this to say:

The book provides clear and accessible guidelines on how to relate one’s faith to academics. I hope it is widely used.

We hope so too!

1 Comments:

Blogger tgrosh4 said...

Waiting for my copy . . . hope you'll have one on court. Uh-oh. I'm late. Time to get out to the blacktop 'frying pan'

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home