College Transition Initiative

Welcome to the blog of the Center for Parent/Youth Understanding’s (CPYU) College Transition Initiative (CTI). This site contains commentary on transitional issues, exploring research, trends and college student culture. For more information visit: www.cpyu.org.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Elizabethtown, PA, United States

The transition from high school to college is a difficult one, and yet, it is a transition that is often overlooked. This site is to help college bound students, parents, and youth workers stay up to date on the latest research and trends in regards to college transition. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Join the conversation!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

New Web Addition

During my last two college transition seminars, one at a great camp in West Virginia, Camp Cowen and the other Calvary Chapel of Central Bucks, I was asked a similar question. The last section of the seminar asks students to consider “With whom will they surround themselves?” and discusses the college connections needed to make a smooth transition i.e. healthy relationships and Christian community. I tell students (and parents) that they can begin to make the connections before heading to college by surfing the web and finding out what campus ministry organizations are on their campus.

The question I was asked at the last two seminars was: “Do you have a list of campus ministry organizations?” I did not. Now I do. I have started a list of campus ministry organizations and links on CPYU’s website. You can access it here.

The list contains a brief statement concerning the ministry. Each organization also has a campus ministry locator so that you can see if they have staff on your campus.

I don’t intend for this to be a complete list. I’m sure I’m missing other good organizations. Please “comment” to let me know of other organizations that you think I should include.

1 Comments:

Blogger Glen Davis said...

There's a list at Thrive At College you can rip off (and I say this as the site's admin).

The entire site might be of interest to you, actually.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home