College Transition Initiative

Welcome to the blog of the Center for Parent/Youth Understanding’s (CPYU) College Transition Initiative (CTI). This site contains commentary on transitional issues, exploring research, trends and college student culture. For more information visit: www.cpyu.org.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Elizabethtown, PA, United States

The transition from high school to college is a difficult one, and yet, it is a transition that is often overlooked. This site is to help college bound students, parents, and youth workers stay up to date on the latest research and trends in regards to college transition. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Join the conversation!

Thursday, December 22, 2005

CTI BLOG

One of my favorite things about working for CPYU is arriving at my desk in the morning to find a stack of articles to read (no really, I mean it!) that Walt, Ken, Cliff, Doug or Chris contributed to (you can meet the staff here). I often find myself thinking, “I wish I could pass some of this onto others.” Well, now I can. Now the top of my desk is public, for all to see! Consider this blog a window, where readers have an opportunity to peer into my (our) work on college transition. I like the window metaphor, because I don’t have a window in my office. Actually, I don’t really have an office. It’s more like a desk. But a very nice desk. You get the idea.

This blog will also give me an opportunity to hear from you (students, parents, youth workers) so that we can work on this difficult transition together. I’m most interested in what you have to say. (As Jerry Maguire would suggest, “help me, help you!”) CPYU has started this initiative because we believe the transition from high school to college is a crucial one for followers of Christ. May this blog be a place where we can pass along to each other what we are hearing and seeing in regards to college transition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home